Sunday, November 15, 2009

HW 21 Art Project

Distraction:
Computer’s fan buzzing
Kid’s eyes stuck to the screen
Mom yelling off the top of her lungs
Kid’s eyes lost into the screen
Memorized by the brilliant colors
Kid typing his ass off
lost in this unknown world
A world called his own
Not realizing what’s around him
Noticing nothing but the sounds of his hands typing
But eventually he comes into his senses
When good ol’ mom slaps him up side his head
Kid stares around the room all perplexed
Noticing what’s around him
Finally he awakens from the lost trance
Suddenly he realizes how much he missed
Family, friends
And the time he wasted on that machine
Now he realizes the Distraction
His good old best friend
The Computer!



I think my poem is a mirror because it basically shows the reader how people now are lost in a trance because of a simple computer. And it makes the reader think like wow how us Americans and people around the world who own a computer that we spend countless hours on a computer and we also get distracted very easily. I speak for myself when ever im on my computer or playing ps3 i always hate when people get in my way, or when people talk to me its like so urging to tell them to shut the f**k up.

I believe my art piece makes me fink. This is because whenever im on my computer i sometimes really think to myself what the hell i can be doing with my time instead of sitting on a damn chair for countless hours just typing away on Aim, or checking my Facebook, or Myspace. And i really do listen to myself because i get outside more than i did 2 yrs ago i get more exercise involved into my life instead of sitting on a damn chair for 10 hrs on Aim or 4 hrs playing ps3. It's really sad when you come to think about it.

The most interesting part about making this art piece was thinking about me,myself,and i and how i am while on a computer. While using my own facts on what goes on through my head while sitting down using my computer it helped me realize a lot more about myself and stuff. Which really help me right my poem based on what i do on my daily basis when i have nothing else better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment